A fundamental component to Australia’s waste and recycling industry is the cleaning of wastewater. The cleaning processes undertaken at a wastewater treatment plant improves its quality before it is recycled and reintroduced back into the environment.
During secondary treatment, the level of oxygen in wastewater is altered to create aerobic and anaerobic environments to create bacteria that remove pollutants from the water. This stage of the wastewater treatment removes soluble organic matter and solids that remain following primary treatment. When in anaerobic conditions, hydrogen sulphide (H2S) gas naturally forms. H2S can be corrosive to components and machinery during this stage of treatment. Typically, standard bearings can rust in such conditions, making bearings ineffective once in a corroded state.
Schaeffler, a leading global supplier to the automotive and industrial sectors, has been pushing ground-breaking technology and developments in the fields of motion and mobility for more than 75 years. Founded in 1883, the brand first originated under the name Fischers Aktien-Gesellschaft, which was the name of the company that originally founded the FAG brand. First known for their production of steel balls for use in ball bearing, the company expanded its product line and became known for its high-quality bearings.
Today, FAG is one of the brands owned by the Schaeffler Group. The company provides several bearing solutions that suit the needs of waste management plants struggling with maintaining the integrity of their equipment. The FAG Black Series Radial Ball Bearing and FAG Split Spherical Roller Bearings offer premium results for wastewater plants.
FAG Black Series Radial Ball Bearing:
- Feature a Durotect BS surface treatment which offers some corrosion resistance meaning less maintenance and downtime.
- Used in various applications, to support shaft rotation.
- Low frictional torque of the radial insert ball bearings; minimum heat generation resulting in maximum grease operating life.
- A single piece seal vulcanised seal lip and outer flinger shield.
- Pre greased with relubrication via two holes in outer ring
- Units available pre-assembled, meaning ease of installation in inch and metric sizes
FAG Split Spherical Roller Bearings:
- Accommodate misalignment and are appropriate for use in heavy-duty applications.
- Equivalent to the unsplit standard types, which means no additional modifications are required to the shaft or its mounted location.
- Can achieve a high load carrying capacity due to the maximum number of rollers with the largest possible dimensions.
- The range of FAG split spherical roller bearings include standard series like 222, 230 and 231 and starts from 55mm and 2 3/16 inch.
- Can be mounted into split plummer block housings without requiring any further machining of the housing.
- Significant reduction in maintenance cost and time using FAG split spherical roller bearings.
Quality bearings help to preserve machinery and equipment in the maintenance of quality and consistency in the breakdown of wastewater.
Motion is equipped with extensive industry-based knowledge – connected to more than 90 branches Australia-wide. Expert advice on Schaeffler products can be provided by contacting your local Motion branch today.