During the primary stages of wastewater treatment, solid materials go through a process of screening, grit removal, comminution and sedimentation. Settling tanks remove the solids through the process of sedimentation, gradually causing solids to sink to the bottom. The sludge at the bottom of the tanks move along to mechanical scrapers where the waste is pumped out and removed. It is crucial during this stage that contaminants are kept securely in place to prevent pollutants from causing harm to workers or the surrounding environments.
Machinery used during this stage should be kept in good working condition to avoid downtime caused from breakdown of equipment. Timken is a globally recognised leader in friction management, power transmission and metallurgy. Partnering with a range of global customers, Timken prides itself that it has spent more than 120 years in innovative problem solving with some of the most complex applications worldwide.
Timken’s range of spherical roller bearings offer a bright solution in mechanical technology, providing bearings that can operate under extreme conditions. The Timken spherical roller bearing solid-block housed units (formerly known as blue brute bearings) act as an excellent solution to protection against contaminants.
Key Benefits & Features
Spherical Roller Bearing Solid-Block Housed Units:
- Pre-assembled – meaning the shaft can easily fit and tighten up during installation.
- The sealing design provides protection against contaminants compared to normal bearings that typically need to be packed with grease.
- Features machined feet, black oxide inner rings, tapped puller holes and multiple shaft-locking choices – making installation even quicker.
- Due to the lower risk of contamination, the bearing is more likely to last – increasing standard bearing life expectancy.
- Made of cast-steel – further enhancing the bearing capabilities in handling extreme environment of wastewater plant clarifiers.
- Primary and secondary seals offering fillable grease cavity for added protection.
- Multiple cage designs – including a range of steel and brass options – help reduce stress at high shock loads or speeds and provide strong contaminant purge.
Other than the spherical roller bearing solid block housed units, Timken provides a variety of other bearings including tapered roller bearings, thrust bearings, cylindrical roller bearings, ball bearings and other housed units.
Tapered roller bearings, for example, are ideal for use in heavy-duty applications such as mining equipment, construction machinery, and industrial gearboxes. Their design allows them to handle both axial and radial loads efficiently, making them highly durable and reliable.
Thrust bearings, on the other hand, are specifically designed to handle axial loads. They are commonly used in applications such as automotive transmissions, steering systems, and machine tool spindles.
Cylindrical roller bearings are mainly used in applications that require high radial load capacity, such as pumps, compressors, and machine tools. Timken’s cylindrical roller bearings are available in a range of configurations, including single-row, double-row, and four-row, making them suitable for a wide range of applications.
Ball bearings are commonly used in applications that require high-speed and low-friction operation, such as electric motors and automotive applications.
- Industry-specific training programs are available and designed for plant professionals, as well as on-site customised training to meet specific needs.
- The company’s training programs are available at select locations and cover every phase of bearing performance.
- Contact Motion for more information about training programs available in your region.
Timken also offers other housed units that cater to specific applications. These include flange units, take-up units, and cartridge units. These units are designed to be easy to install, maintain, and replace, resulting in lower downtime and increased productivity.
Timken has a unique and valuable relationship with Motion, an expert supplier of industrial products and solutions. With a nationwide footprint and an extensive range of products and services, Motion provides access to Timken’s products and expertise to customers across Australia. Timken works closely with Motion to ensure that its products are readily available and easily accessible to customers, providing timely support and service to help businesses optimise their operations.
The partnership between Timken and Motion is founded on a shared commitment to quality and customer satisfaction, with both companies working together to provide tailored solutions that meet the unique needs of their customers. This collaboration ensures that customers can access a comprehensive range of high-quality products, services, and expertise to support their operations and help drive their success. Reach out to Motion for more information or advice.